Monday, March 20, 2006

It's all about...

Since embarking on my Floydathon, I've been made aware - from multiple sources - of all the intrigue, backbiting and arguments that have peppered the band's history.

The problem is, I don't care.

I've never been one to immerse myself in all the gossip and real lives of the artists I enjoy. Oh, I watch the gossip websites, but not as closely as most. Now and again there'll be a titbit that grabs my attention, but not for more than five minutes.

For me, the music is where it starts and ends - and no, the mystery of why a band's image or sound inexplicably changes doesn't interest me at all. The way I see it, I'll either find out one day, or I won't. In the meantime, if the music's good, I'm happy.

At the end of the day, isn't that what it's all about?

In other news, I've just finished listening to a borrowed copy of E.L.O's "Out of the Blue", which is, let's face it, the perfect incarnation of 70's electronica. what's needed to make this album perfect is to listen to it in this room: