Saturday, March 25, 2006

This is almost too tempting...

I think I've mentioned before that I run the website for the Church I grew up in.

In the process of finding hosting for the site, I found a rather usefully titled site - Churchhosting.co.uk. Well, how could I resist?

Also, they invoice their customers, which I've found is quite a rare occurrence.

So anyway, everything was set up and working just fine, so I didn't bother with the site's Control Panel too much.

It's working, don't try and fix it. Fair play.

Well, tonight I decided to have a bit of a click around to see what some of the nifty buttons do.

I discovered a huge amount of site applications - like a forum, chatroom server, powerful picture gallery, guestbook, PHP tools...you name it!

What I'd forgotten is that this hosting company doesn't just cater for Churches, but also for individuals looking for a not-for-profit hosting package.

So in short, I could buy myself some webspace instead of piggybacking this here blog off the Church webspace, all for a pittance.

Problem is, we don't just have Easter fast approaching, we have a spate of family birthdays to budget for and right now that pittance would knock a noticable hole in our finances.

Fucking damn tempting, though...